Thursday 21 March 2013

Almost Famous Burger - Season 2 Episode 3

Date: 20th March 2013

Website: http://almostfamousburgers.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlmostFamousMCR


'...a patty of ground beef so exquisite, swirling in your mouth, breaking apart, and combining again in a fugue of sweets and savour so delightful. This is no mere sandwich of grilled meat and toasted bread, Robin. This is God, speaking to us in food.' - Marshall (How I Met Your Mother) 2008

I don't think Marshall was talking about the supposing 'best burger in New York' in the above quote, he was talking about the Almost Famous Burger.


I want to start to apologise to Almost Famous for writing this blog, because as with photography and ketchup, blogging is also banned from the restaurant. But I have a responsibility, and that responsibility is to share to my Nurbites the best (and worst) that Manchester has to offer. This establishment is the best...

This place is a well kept secret in Manchester. You would only know about it by 'word of mouth'. There is no sign, just a big wooden door. During the day you would not even notice it. However on opening, walking past, it will catch your eye. This is because there is a queue all the way round the corner to get into what is behind this wooden door. On queuing we were all thinking, trying to keep warm, is it worth the wait? One answer. Hell fucking yes it is worth the wait.

On entry you go up these stairs as if you were walking up to an upstairs flat. No signs, nothing. Then at the top was a door with danger splashed across. I opened the door. Atmosphere oozed out. The place was artsy and edgy but still comfortable. I have never experienced this kind of happiness before. Everyone was cheerful, talkative, just loving life. All for one reason. The sexy items in their red plastic baskets.

The menu is simple. Not much to choose from, but you don't need the choice. The front of the menu are the items to choose from and the back explains the items in hilarious detail. I don't want to spoil the fun for you so I will not reveal the funny quotes from the menu.

To be honest Nurbites, I just don't want to ruin the experience for you, I think that is why they 'ban' blogging. They don't want people to read about Almost Famous Burger, but simply experience. So I will just be brief.

Burger - Best I have ever had.

Chicken Wings - Best I have ever had.

Fries - Mixed potato and sweet potato fries - Best I have ever had.

I said in a previous review (Damson) that the place was close to perfect. This place is perfect. I don't love this place, I am in love with this place. I honestly can't stop thinking about that heavenly first bite I took. It sent shivers down my spine.

I cried yesterday. I have never been so happy.

10 out of 10 rating.