Tuesday 17 January 2012

Don Marco

Date: 10th January 2012

On entry to this fine Italian restaurant, instantly it felt like you stepped in a different county, walking onto the cobbled streets of old town Europe. You walk into an alleyway with outdoor seating and heaters provided, but for my taste it is only suitable to sit there with a warmer climate. Interior deco was classy with good lighting to set the mood, but once sat down it felt cramped, however it didn't ruin the evening.

Now onto the food. We started with, in my opinion the most under rated dish ever, home made bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. However this was not complementary as with my other experiences of Italian dining. This was eaten with the Antipasto Don Marco, a sharing platter of various sea foods and Italian appetisers. This was fantastic, letting you try a variety of dishes, and the portion was generous. My favourite was the king prawns in buttered source.

For main, I ordered the sirloin steak in peppercorn sauce. My friends ordered the Tagliatelle con Pollo, the Lobster Ravioli and the skewered prawns with scallops and saffron rice. My steak was cooked to perfection (medium rare) however I wasn't a fan of the sauce. Too much pepper for my liking. my favourite by far was the Lobster Ravioli and I am for sure going to order on my next visit. The basil and tomato sauce blended perfectly with the lobster, plus you got some prawns on the side to spoil you even more!

The service was great, very friendly, leading us to treat the place like a homely atmosphere letting us relax and enjoy each others company once we had eaten. The pricing was also reasonable, in fact cheaper than other Italian restaurants in Manchester, but the quality is still high.

This was in fact my second visit, but for sure not my last. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.


8 out of 10 rating